Pages

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Throwback Thursdays: The fun 50's!



Hi everyone! 
Hope everyone's Christmas was fantastic.
Today's topic is...

The Fun Fifties!
Whenever I think of the 50's, I think of roller skates, vibrant color, and va-va-boom hair.
It's full of glamour and leisure.

I am going to show you guys some photos of actual kitchens from the 50's 
and some modern takes on the 50's kitchens.

So this is not a kitchen,
but a diner.
I have to say, all it reminds me of are five guys burgers!

The high gloss poppy red with checkered floors and backsplash.
a 50's classic

Loving these unique tiger print natural cabinets

I believe this is from 1954? or 1953...
Bright sunny yellow!

Here are some lemony yellow with stark white and coca-cola red

again, the high gloss and checkered pattern with the red :)

classic 50's pastel colors. Yellow, pink, and aqua!

loving the barbie pink....

This looks like it's from a magazine ad or something
again, the sunny yellow, poppy red, and stark white!

the colors in the 50's are pretty consistent.
this one also has the yellows, the reds, and the aquas.
This flooring was very popular as well.

and the 1955 Geneva Cabinets!
pink, pink, pink!

I love the 50's.
It's so alive!
With bright colors and pastels, Elvis, and Marilyn!


No comments:

Post a Comment